The University of the Philippines Anime Manga Enthusiasts UP AME
is proud to present Una kAME!, the first collegiate anime fair in the
Philippines, on Saturday, Dec 4 2004 from 1-9 pm at the UP
Bahay ng Alumni in celebration of its 4th year anniversary.
the featured events are Cosplay competition, Fanart competition, lecture
series on anime, arcade tournament, and Japanese rock and pop concert,
featuring the hottest j music performers. Plus appearances by pinoy
comic book artist, meet, greet and avail of their works.
will be given away in various games, and tons of anime and comic book
merchandise will also be available at the event.
AME is the first university recognized anime organization in the
Philippines, in line with its objectives of promoting understanding of
anime and manga and providing venues for the appreciation of and open
exchange of ideas on the medium, the organization invites everyone to be
part of this historic event.
the local anime community in celebrating the growing anime phenomenon in
entrance ticket costs PHP 100. UP Diliman students can avail of a
discount and pay only PHP 80. Please present a valid ID when obtaining
also giving you a chance to buy tickets at the discounted price of PHP
80! For a limited time, you may avail of tickets at this price as long
as you buy early! Don't miss this chance to save 10%!
event is brought to you in cooperation with Level Up!
Also brought to you by Office of Initiatives for Culture and the Arts,
Summit Media, Pepsi, and Culture Crash Comics.
The Cosplay Competition
- The participants must wear the
costume upon registration. Registration starts upon opening and ends
after 30 minutes.
- The participants must have the
following upon registration:
- Full body picture of the
character. The participant and character must be wearing the
- Profile of the character being
portrayed written in a short bond paper with the following:
- Name of character
- What classification is the
character under (i.e. Anime, Manga, Game, Sentai, Comic, and
- Title of the manga, anime,
game, sentai show, comic; or name of band, or solo act.
- Character description in
terms of personality and special attributes
- Materials used for the
costume- making may or may not be included.
- The cosplayers will be pre-judged
immediately after the registration. The pre-judging will decide the
top fifty who will be included in the final judging and the Cosplay
- The cosplayers are still advised to
remain in costume and mingle with the general audience for the whole
duration of the event for the Audience Choice Award, which will be
decided by the audience. The audience votes consist of the people
present during the event, cosplayers may vote for themselves.
- There will be a voting station for
the people present during the event to cast their votes on their
favored cosplayer. Only one vote is allowed per person. The Audience
Choice Award will be given to the cosplayer with the largest number
of audience votes.
- The top fifty finalists will be
judged again after the Cosplay Catwalk from which the top three will
be decided. The catwalk presentation will also be judged and will be
tallied with the score from the pre-judging scores.
- The winner of the Cosplay
competition (excluding Audience Choice) will be decided by the
judges in terms of this criteria:
- Characterization- the truthful
depiction of the Cosplay to the character's over-all personality
- Costume- the closeness of the
costume worn by the Cosplay to the costume of the character
being cosplayed. Also, how the materials used for the costume
making aid in the over-all appearance of the costume.
- Creativity- the innovativeness
in terms of the whole Cosplay proper.
+ Catwalk score (max. 100%)
1st = 3,000 Php + goodies
2nd = 2,000 Php + goodies
3rd = 1,000 Php + goodies
Audience Choice = 500 Php + goodies
The Arcade Tournament
- The arcade tournament is open
for all who have purchased the entrance ticket. A registration
fee of PhP 20 will be charged.
- The tournament will commence at
exactly 3pm. Contestants will under go a single round robin
elimination. The top 8 players will move on to 2nd round. In
case of a tie, a single playoff match will be made.
- For the second round, each
contestant will randomly select his/her opponent. The match will
be a best-of-three format. The winner will move on to the third
round. The third round will also be a best-of-three format
- The championship match will be a
- The champion will receive PhP 3,
000 plus a trophy at the runner up with Php 1, 500 plus a
trophy. Gift packs will also be given to the other top 6
players. Only contestants that registered before 3:00pm will be
accommodated. No late contestants will be entertained.
- Players will be notified when
the tournament (or player's match) will commence. Three minutes
will be given for the player to get to the arcade area. Failure
to be present at the arcade area after the three-minute
allowance will result in subsequent disqualification/forfeiture.
Substitutes are not allowed. The name on the registration form
will be the only one allowed to play.
- In case of other matters that
will arise not yet covered in this rule sheet, the tournament
staff will have the final decision.
- The tournament will be co-sponsored by Gameophilia
(Worlds of Fun Amusement, no confirmation yet).
- The Tekken 3 game is most likely to be replaced by any of
these: Tekken Tag, Tekken 4, Dead or Alive. Final decision will
- SNK vs Capcom is still on the lineup. So there will be two
games, any of the above plus SVC
- Players can bring their own controllers (PS/PS2/Xbox).
- Max of 32 players can join per game. A player can only
register in ONLY one game
- DEFAULT configuration ONLY.
- Each player will randomly pick a number from 1-32. Player 1
will compete against player 2, and so on, to move to the next
round. Best of three match for the elimination, best of five for
- Only ONE winner for each game
(that's why it's a tournament)
- Registration starts at 1pm at the entrance, only first 32 will
be accepted for each game. Tournament proper starts at 3pm at
the Fair Function Room
The Fan Art Drawing Contest
- The entry/entries should be placed
in a 9"x11'"sized paper.
- Entries can be of any medium.
However, digital art is not allowed.
- Entries can be colored, black and
white, gray scale or monotone.
- Only Anime, Manga, Game, Sentai,
Comic, and Jpop/Jrock characters are allowed, no original
- More than one character may be
included in the artwork.
- Entries should be submitted in a
long envelope; inclusive of a separate sheet of paper containing the
- name of participant,
- name/s of character/s and title
of work the character/s came from, (indicate under which
classification, i.e. anime, game)
- address, contact nos. and e-mail
- The entry should not contain any
writing except of the artist's pseudonym.
- After the entries have been
submitted, they will be given an artwork entry number.
- The artworks will be screened
according to artwork entry number.
- An envelope can contain more than
one entry. However, the participants must register all entries
submitted; otherwise it will not be counted as a participating entry
and will not be judged.
- All entries and registration
paraphernalia should be submitted in the UP AME tambayan at the FC
Tambayan Complex behind the Faculty Center; or to any UP AME member
starting November 4, 2004, and the last day of submission will be on
- Entries will be judged according to
- Character Portrayal- accuracy of
the visual portrayal of the character
- Originality- incorporation of
artist's own ideas without compromising the character.
- Creativity- use of medium and
- Balance/Harmony- use of color
scheme, coordination of elements in the artwork.
- The winners will be ranked first,
second and third. And only one entry can place in each rank. Entries
will be exhibited in the UP AME Fair on December 4, 2004. All
participants are requested to be present during the event for the
announcement of winners and the claiming of prizes.
- Selected entries will be included in
the UP AME Official Website. Selection will be determined by the
- The artists have sole ownership to
their work and will be credited upon any publishing of the artwork.
Character Portrayal= 20%
1st =2,000 Php + goodies
2nd =1,500 Php + goodies
3rd =1,000 Php + goodies